You may not be expecting to find a little slice of France in the South Pacific, but New Caledonia defies your expectations of island life.
New Caledonia offers something a little different from other islands and archipelagos in the South Pacific. European-style chalets nestle between palm trees on the beach where breakfast pastries and fine French dining will bookend your days. Away from the turquoise waters on the Île des Pins discover more of this elegant, rich and beautiful nation by venturing inland on horseback to visit sweeping cattle ranches sat high over the lagoon. The sparkling jewel tones of the lagoon are always a memorable sight for any visitor, but even more so for nature lovers lucky enough to experience the annual turtle-hatching season.
Image Credit: All images courtesy of New Caledonia Tourism
Dance Kanak --Nouvelle Caledonie-©SebastienLEBEGUE-201308-3945
Riviera of the Pacific, French influence everywhere!
- Charter a catamaran to sail the gorgeous Isle of Pines and World Heritage Lagoon
- Private diving adventure with leading Marine Biologist Guide
- Explore ‘Caldoche’ Cowboy Country by horseback complete with a champagne and charcuterie picnic
- Take an ultra-light over the naturally formed Heart of Voh in the mangroves
- Immerse oneself in Kanak culture, stay in a traditional village and help make a bougna to share